BFI's Guide to Trash and Recycling Service
Welcome to BFI Waste Services!
Tips on Trash
- Please bag all trash and place it in a closed container to protect it from weather, insects, and animals. Securely bagging your trash helps keep your community neat on windy days.
- Please have your trash out by 7:00 AM to guarantee your pickup.
- If your trash exceeds ten 30-gallon cans or bags of household trash or more than six bundles or bags of yard waste, please call in for a special pickup.
- For our driver's health and safety, we will not take containers that weigh more than fifty pounds.
- Branches and brush need to be cut into four-foot lengths and securely tied into 18-inch diameter bundles. Up to six bags or bundles are allowed per week.
- We will take moving boxes that have been flattened and bundled (no more than 15 boxes per week).
- If you have a large item, such as furniture, or a large amount of extra bags, please call our customer satisfaction center at least 24 hours in advance of your pickup day to arrange a special pickup. Some items may require a small fee.
- Please empty liquid from containers before putting the containers in the trash. Clean kitty litter may be used to dry unused water-based paint. Once the kitty litter has dried, you may bag it and throw it in the trash along with the empty paint can.
- Construction material and other bulky debris material may be collected weekly in small amounts. Items collected must be contained or bundled and not weigh more than fifty pounds. You are allowed one container or bundle of construction material per week.
- Wrap broken glass and mirrors in newspaper and label them for the driver's safety and yours.
- Oil, gas, wet paint, insecticide, fertilizer, vehicle batteries, propane tanks, fire extinguishers, ammunition, firewood, computer monitors and televisions are unacceptable waste items.
- Make sure that children's toys and bikes are not placed near outside trash.
- Please report any service issues to our customer service center within 24 hours of your pickup day.
- BFI's observed holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- If your pickup day falls on or after a holiday, your pickup day will be one day late for the week. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, your service will not be delayed.
Hazardous Waste and Medical Waste
- Hypodermic needles in the trash pose a health hazard to you, your family, and our drivers. Please place old needles, razor blades, or any sharp items in a hard plastic container, like a laundry detergent bottle with a screw-on lid. Place the tightly sealed container in with your regular trash. Do not recycle the bottle!
- These counties* have facilities or hazardous household waste collection days where county residents can take many of the items that are unacceptable for trash collection.
*For all other counties call your Tri-County Health Department for information about hazardous waste collection.
- Jefferson County, collection facility, call first 303-316-6262
- Boulder County, collection facility, call first 303-441-4800
- City of Aurora, Household Chemical Roundup 303-739-6700
- City of Englewood, collection day 303-762-2348
- or call the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment hotline at 303-692-3320
- Your trash will be collected every week on Friday.
- Computerized bills are issued quarterly, in advance, and payment must be received 15 days after the statement date. Please include the account number on all checks and correspondence.
- There will be a $20 processing fee on all cancellations during a billing cycle.
Your Opinion Matters
- Excellence is our goal and we value your comments. Please all our customer service center at:
|Hours||7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday|